PROGRAMME OFFICER (RIVER CARE PROGRAMME)
Duty Station: Petaling Jaya/Kuala Lumpur/Ipoh
To assist the Program Coordinator related to water resources and river management.
• Assessment of urban and river environment/pollution issues
• Community liaison and coordination of community based environmental management and monitoring
• Environmental assessment and monitoring of water bodies esp. rivers and lake
• Pollution management
• Organizing awareness events and stimulating stakeholders esp community participation.
• Support community and industrial, restaurant, high learning institution and business green initiative
• Environmental education
• Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in teams.
• Minimum Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent working experience in environmental/social science or natural resource management.
• Experience in water resources, environmental monitoring, solid waste and sullage water management an advantage.
• Experience in community consultation and CSR
• Fluent in English and Malay with good writing and communication skills. It will be an advantage if fluent in Mandarin or Tamil.
• Other language skills are an added advantage
• High degree of competency in computer and internet use.
• Minimum 2 years relevant working experience
• Willingness to travel
• Pleasant personality
• Driving license and own transport
Global Environment Centre
2nd Floor, Wisma Hing
No.78, Jalan SS2/72
47300 Selangor, MALAYSIA
Phone 03 7957 2007, Fax 03 7957 7003